Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Wherever Nina Lies

 Author: Lynn Weingarten
 Rating: 5/5 Stars
 Summary: Nina was beautiful, wild, and adored by her younger sister, Ellie. But one day, Nina disappeared. 2 years later, everyone has given up hope that Nina will return, but Ellie knows her sister is out there. If only Ellie had a clue where to look. Then she gets one, in the form of a mysterious drawing. Determined to find Nina, Ellie takes off on a crazy, sexy cross-country road trip with the only person who believes she's got a chance - her hot, adventurous new crush. Along the way, Ellie finds a few things she wasn't planning on. Like love. Lies. And the most shocking thing of all: the truth.(Goodreads.com)



I'm on a book streak where I'm only reading really really good books, and I don't want it to end. Wherever Nina Lies was so refreshing from all the other books I've been reading lately. I've never heard of the author before, but now I'll have to keep a lookout for her new books because I loved her writing in this book. The plot of this book... well it was crazy. At times I felt like I was on an acid trip then in a romance movie then in a horror movie. There was a huge shocker at the end that just makes you say OH MY GOD. I did NOT see that one coming. I thought this was going to be an innocent fluffy little book. But was I wrong. It went all Pretty Little Liars on me.
    If I were to have shared my thoughts on this book when I was halfway through it, I think I would have said the exact same things as I am now. All of the characters did a complete literary 180. Like, it just boggles my mind how surprising it all is. The people who read or watch Pretty Little Liars will get what I'm babbling about. If you like PLL then you will definitely love Wherever Nina Lies. It's pretty much a book everyone will love. Oh, and another really cool thing about this book was that there were pictures in this book that were supposed to be drawn by Nina, and they were really cool. Kind of like the drawings in Cathy's Book by Sean Stuart. So read it and love it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment