Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Between

Author: Cyndi Tefft
 Rating:1.5/5 Stars
 Summary: Sometimes death is just the beginning...

It just figures that the love of Lindsey Water's life isn't alive at all, but the grim reaper, complete with a dimpled smile and Scottish accent.

After transporting souls to heaven for the last 300 years, Aiden MacRae has all but given up on finding the one whose love will redeem him and allow him entry through the pearly gates.

Torn between her growing attraction to Aiden and heaven's siren song, Lindsey must learn the hard way whether love really can transcend all boundaries.



So this is the first book I've ever reviewed where the author emailed me and asked me to review it. How exciting! But the thing is, I didn't like this book. There was absolutely no character development, first of all. The book just jumped into where the main character all of a sudden is in a car that's hurtling off the road. Then, she meets Aiden and BAM they're in love. Everything is just so perfect that she doesn't even have one thought about her life before she died. It was a little unrealistic and cheesy. Then, like two chapters in when they were in the blissful lovey stage, they visited old Scotland and France, and that was just boring.
     I feel kind of bad writing this bad of a review, but I'm just being honest here. The book really did have potential. The premise for the story is interesting, but it was kind of just...empty. I had not connection with Lindsey or Aiden. I just didn't care what happened to them. Maybe it was just me. I'm other people with different tastes than me might like it. If you're into that whole fantasy wizards thing. That's kind of what it reminded me of.
     I think that if you like fantasy, you'll like this, but fantasy's not really my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment