Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Unearthly

Author: Cynthia Hand
 Rating: 5/5 Stars
 Summary: In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees . . . .

Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.
Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place—and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.
As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make—between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny? 

Unearthly is a moving tale of love and fate, and the struggle between following the rules and following your heart. (From Goodreads.com)



     I really loved this book; pretty much everything about it I loved. I loved Clara and her family, and I loved both of the boys and her friends and the setting and the angel part. First, I had always thought that Wyoming was miles and miles of corn and sheep and grass. Well, was I wrong. In the book Clara's family moves there, and I could just see the mist in the mountains and the clear river in the summer that they jump into. I actually want to visit Wyoming sometime.
    And the love triangle. Oh Tucker, oh Christian I love you both. It's impossible for me to choose one. Actually it isn't, I would go with Christian. But you don't know what I'm talking about because you probably haven't read it! Anyway, and I also love both of Clara's new friends Wendy and Angela. I love that they're total opposites yet they're both so awesome. Angela's so sassy! Haha.
    I've read a lot of paranormal romances where the creature is an angel, (Hush, Hush, Fallen, Crescendo, etc.) but this book portrayed them so differently than the other books, which is amazing because that's like trying to create a unique type of vampire for a book. It's just so hard because everything's already been done! I really liked how the background of the angels didn't get all bible-y, because I'm just not really into that.
    Another thing that I really liked was that I never saw anything coming. Usually I'm really good at predicting what will happen, and I did a little in this book, but only like a paragraph before it happened, so I liked that I could be so surprised. The ending especially. Didn't see that comin'!
    I really think you should read this, even if you're to really into the whole angel scene. I'm on one of those book rolls right now where I've been reading so many good books and I have so many awesome ones with me to look forward to reading in the next couple of weeks. When this stops, I'm going to be really bummed.
P.S. You know me, I can't help myself if the cover is pretty. The cover is even better in real life because it's got like a shimmer or shine to it. It's really cool.

3 comments:

  1. I love the cover too. It's so shiny! I love this book as well. And Tucker! I don't like Christian. :( Anyway, nice review! I so can't wait for the second book!


    Che @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting review. I love the cover as well!

    I'm a new follower. I love the name of your blog, I sometimes feel buried in books - but in a good way :)

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book, and you have a great review that really does this book justice! The cover is much prettier when it;s in your hands; so shiny and shimmery!

    ReplyDelete