Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Heartless



 Author: Sara Shepard
Rating: 5/5 Stars
Summary:
In picturesque Rosewood, Pennsylvania, neighbors gossip over picket fences, and gleaming SUVs sit in every crushed-granite driveway. But recently, friendly smiles have been replaced with suspicious glares and accusatory whispers—and it's all because Hanna, Aria, Emily, and Spencer just can't keep their mouths shut. . .


First they claimed they found a dead body in the woods behind Spencer's house, only to have it vanish without a trace. Then when the same woods went up in flames, they swore they saw someone who's supposed to be dead rise from the ashes. And even after all that, the pretty little liars are still playing with fire.
Hanna's trading in her Dior trench for a straitjacket. Aria's trying to contact the dead. Emily's dumped her boyfriend and is skipping town . . . again. And Spencer thinks someone in her family has gotten away with murder.
The friends insist they're telling the truth about what they saw, but all of Rosewood thinks they're simply out for attention—and nobody likes a girl who cries wolf. So when the big bad killer comes after the girls, will anyone believe them . . . or will they be the next to disappear?(From Harpercollins.com)

Review: So, let me just say that I don't watch the show Pretty Little Liars, and I was reading these books before there was a show. Don't you just love discovering something before everyone else does? I do. But anyway, sometimes it annoys me though. Like in the show, none of the actresses look like how they're described in the books. Emily has blonde hair and her family doesn't like black people in the books, but in the show, she's black! It makes no sense! Okay, rant over.
     This is the seventh book in the series. A lot of times, I can't make it this far in a series. But with Pretty Little Liars, I really can't get enough. Each book ends in a major cliffhanger; I just finished it about ten minutes ago, and I'm DYING to get the last book. I need to know what happens!!!
     So since this is way into the series and I'm not reviewing any other books fro this series, I'll just review all of them.
    Okay, This is one of my favorite series ever, because there is never a dull moment. There's pretty much every kind of drama happening without it being overkill. It starts out with a murder of the girls' best friend, then fast forwards to present-day when they are all in high school. So there is everything from coming out of the closet to the whole school at a party, cheating parents, and hooking up with teachers. It seriously never gets boring. Also, each character is so different, which I love. After spending seven books with them, I feel like I know them.
     The author, Sara Shepard, is also soo talented. I really don't know how she can come up with all this stuff, then weave it all together, all the while answering questions, but posing even more new ones. I just love it.
    I feel like from the show, this series is avoided by a lot of readers. Well, please don't. A lot of people think it's like Degrassi or something, where it's a bunch of petty he said she said, but it's so much better than that! It's an actual murder. So please, if you were avoiding this series because of the show, don't because I know you'll love it. Even if you don't really go for realistic fiction, it's so exciting and fast-paced that it's not like other realistic fiction books. So, the next time you are at the library, check out the first one, Pretty Little Liars. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment