Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (7)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, for bloggers to share our excitement about upcoming books! This week I'm waiting on:

Author: Aimee Carter
Summary: Every girl who has taken the test has died.

Now it's Kate's turn.


It's always been just Kate and her mom--and now her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear her mother won't live past the fall.

Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld--and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.

Kate is sure he's crazy--until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride, and a goddess.


If she fails...



This book sounds like no other book I've read. I've always been interested in mythology, and it sounds like whatever happens in this book, it's going to be exciting and dramatic! I can't wait for this one. Also the cover is so pretty! I love those colors and the surreal feel. So what are you waiting on this week?

3 comments:

  1. oooooooo this book sounds awesome!! I love a little mythology in books. Thanks for posting! :))
    p.s. new follower as well.

    feel free to check out my Wow as well:
    www.readbookshavefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this around and think it looks great! Good pick!

    Our WOW pick is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Goddes Test looks really good. I can't wait to read it. Great pick

    ReplyDelete